Privacy & Comment Policy
Effective 27 January 2017
Our Website does not gather personally identifiable information from individuals through the Website unless this information is provided voluntarily and knowingly, such as through subscription to our e-newsletter. If you do subscribe and at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
If you use the Website or email to contact us, we will consider that any personal information you have provided can be used or disclosed by us as reasonably required to respond to you.
Third Party Links
The Website may contain links to other websites and social media applications provided or made available by third parties. Esker Foundation has no control over those third parties and is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of third party websites, social media sites, or applications, all of which will be governed by their own practices and policies.
How do we use information collected from the Website?
We may use the information that we collect to:
- Monitor and analyze usage trends and preferences;
- Improve our Website, and its features and functionality;
- Communicate with you via our e-newsletter or to otherwise respond to inquiries from you.
What information does the App collect?
The App provides audio and visual information to Users about Esker Foundation’s exhibitions and public programs. When you access or use the App, we, and our app developers, may collect certain information, including:
- Geo-location information: When you first launch the App, you will be asked to consent to the App’s collection of location information from your mobile device. This location information is used to enable the App to function optimally when you are accessing the App. If you consent to our collection of information, the App will continuously collect your location information while you use the App. You can stop the collection of location information at any time by closing the App, or by changing the location sharing preferences on your mobile device. The App’s functionality may be limited in some instances without collection of geo-location information.
- App usage information: We collect information about your usage of the App, including pages and content viewed, in order to better understand usage of the App for purposes of optimizing and improving its operation and functionality, and improving and enhancing the pages and content made available through the App.
- Device information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our App, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information, in order to ensure and improve proper interoperability of the App with various devices, networks and operating systems and to better understand usage of the App and its performance for purposes of optimizing and improving its operation and functionality.
How do we use and share information collected by the App?
We use the information collected by the App to enable the App to operate and be used by you. We may use and share the information that we collect through the App with our app developer, in order to enable the App to operate, and to understand usage and functionality of the App to provide and personalize various features and services of the App, to monitor and analyze usage trends and preferences, and to improve the App and its features and functionality.
We reserve the right to disclose information without consent in cases of emergency where the disclosure is clearly in your best interest and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way, or where disclosure is required or permitted by applicable law, or where disclosure is required to protect the security of personal information in our custody or control.
Outsourcing and data hosting outside of Canada
We may use third party service providers to host the Application, and to process or deal with data and information on our behalf. In order to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information processed on our behalf by our service providers, we will use contractual and similar measures with such service providers, including contractual non-disclosure provisions.
Our service providers may be either in or outside Canada, and your information housed, hosted or processed by such providers may reside in or outside of Canada. If you wish further information about our policies and practices with respect to service providers outside of Canada and the name or tile of a person who can answer any questions about the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information by service providers outside Canada, you can contact us using the contact information below.
We recognize our legal obligations to protect the personal information we have gathered about individuals. We have therefore made arrangements to secure against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction of personal information.
Notification of loss or unauthorized access or disclosure
If an incident occurs involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information under our control, we will comply with applicable laws and will immediately notify you if appropriate or required to do so.
Requests for access
On your request, using the contact information below, we will provide you with access to your personal information under our custody or control, along with information about or use and disclosure of your information. For security purposes and to avoid disclosure of the personal information of others, our response will be limited to your personal information and what is required by applicable law. Before responding, we will first need to verify your identity, so we do not accept such requests by email without further verification of identity and authorization. In responding to you, we will comply with any timelines or limitations in applicable law and reserve the right to not disclose information where not required to do so by applicable law. You may also request corrections or amendments to your personal information, and we will make such corrections or amendments as required by applicable law.
Our Website and the App are directed to individuals who are at least 13 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and you think your child may have given us personal information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revisions to this Policy
We may revise this Policy without notice at any time, and from time to time without notice, and such revisions will be effective immediate upon posting on the Website. We encourage you to check our Website periodically for updates.
Social Media Comment Policy
Our aim is to encourage and provide a welcoming and healthy online discussion forum for our followers and readers. We encourage discussion via comments, critiques, and questions.
We reserve the right to delete comments that we deem to be: harassing, offensive, disrespectful, anonymous, promotional, repetitive, spam, illegal content or off-topic of the original post.
Repeated infringement may result in losing the ability to comment on Esker Foundation posts.
Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
If you have any questions about this Privacy or Comment Policy, or our Website or the App, please feel free to email us at
email@example.com. You can also write to us or call at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
444, 1011 9th Avenue SE
Calgary AB T2G 0H7