Pre-booking is now open for our fall exhibitions.
The exhibitions by Liz Magor, Samuel Roy-Bois and Jon Sasaki open from 26 September to 19 December.
Currently on view in the Project Space, viewable 24/7 from the 9th Avenue street-level windows, is Kasia Sosnowski’s exhibition SNEEK-E-PEEP’N.
Private bookings for individuals who are immunocompromised or otherwise identify as high-risk will be available on Tuesday afternoons.
To know what to expect before and during your future visit, please read the following important information:
- Please arrive on-time. No late arrivals or walk-ins will be admitted. We are welcoming up to a maximum of 30 visitors at a time.
- Free one-hour parking is available in the south surface parking lot. Please note that the underground parkade is closed.
- Entry to the building is ONLY by the south doors at the back of the building.
- On arrival, check in at the security desk on the main floor. You will then be directed to the elevators or stairs to the 4th floor.
- Before entering the gallery we ask that you disinfect your hands and put on your face mask – we will have sanitizer and masks available.
- Our coat check is currently closed, personal items must remain with you. Please leave large bags at home or in your vehicle.
- Please cancel your visit if you’re feeling unwell, use the link on your confirmation email or by calling the gallery at 403 930 2490.
- Please do not touch the artwork.
Complimentary parking is available in the Atlantic Avenue Art Block south surface parking lot and can be accessed at the rear of the building. A parking ticket is not currently required. Please note that the underground parkade is currently closed.
We encourage you to take pictures for personal use. As you take photographs in the gallery, please keep the safety of the artwork in mind, and be respectful not to disturb other visitors. Signs indicate the works that cannot be photographed due to copyright or lender restrictions. Please do not use flash, tripods, extension poles (selfie stick), gimbals or similar accessories – these can be checked. Professional photography or professional video shoots are not permitted. You are welcome to use your phone to take pictures, please post and share, and tag #eskerfoundation!
Free public wifi is available during your visit, connect to ‘eskerpublic’ then select on your browser.
Esker Foundation is accessible via elevator access up to the fourth floor, which is available from the main floor and on all levels of the building. A swing door with an automatic door control into the gallery is situated adjacent to the gallery’s revolving door. A wheelchair-accessible public washroom is available on the fourth floor. There are accessible parking spaces in the surface parking lot at the rear of the building.
We all benefit from deeper, relational considerations of accessibility. If you have any questions or requests regarding access to the gallery or programs, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 403-930-2490 or by email at [email protected].
Free Group Tours
Group and school tours are currently not available.
Fourth floor, 1011 – 9th Avenue S.E.
Inglewood, Calgary, AB
T2G 0H7 Canada
About Our Location
Esker Foundation is located on the traditional territories of the Niitsitapi (Blackfoot) and the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Siksika, the Piikuni, the Kainai, the Tsuut’ina, and the Iyarhe Nakoda First Nations. The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III. Esker Foundation extends sincere appreciation for the opportunity to live and learn on this territory in respect and gratitude.
To plan your trip to Esker Foundation and for more information on routes, schedules, fares, and maps, please visit the Calgary Transit website at www.calgarytransit.com or phone (403) 262-1000.
Inglewood can be reached via many Calgary Transit bus routes. Routes 1, 75, 302, 307 MAX, and 411 all run along 9 Avenue SE with stops all near to Esker Foundation.
From the CTrain
The closest CTrain stop to Esker Foundation is City Hall station. From the station you can walk south two blocks to 9 Avenue SE to catch a Calgary Transit bus into Inglewood.